Friday 24th August 2018 to Sunday 26th August
Preparations are in full swing for the 30th annual legendary rugby festival The Crackers’ 7’s over the August Bank Holiday in Underhill Park, Mumbles. The schedule is as follows:
Friday 24th August from 6pm
- Mumbles Youth .v. Swansea Uplands Youth
- Tom Pugh Memorial Game – Mumbles XV .v. Swansea Uplands XV
In memory of Swansea Uplands player Tom Pugh who tragically passed away at such a young age. Proceeds of Programme sales on the night will go to the chosen charity of Tom’s family
Saturday 25th August from 9.30am
- Mumbles RFC Junior Section morning of rugby fun & games
- Mumbles RFC Youth hosting a 7’s Tournament k.o. 12.00 Noon
Sunday 26th August from 11am
- Crackers’ 7’s with the Men’s and Women’s tournaments running in parallel during the day.
- Live entertainment from 7pm from local band ‘The Contenders’ in the Premier Marquee
There will be a beer tent and BBQ on all 3 Days plus loads of family entertainment including a bouncy castle, giant children’s slide and (wait for it….) zumba classes with Sion throughout the day
We at Dawsons are, again, so proud to be headline sponsors of this event and our director James Dawson explains why
“Having sponsored this event for many years as a company, and I myself playing in the tournament many times over the years, never successfully I might add, we understand the importance of the annual event to those living locally and those who travel from further afield to take part. The Crackers’ 7’s is a firm date in our calendar, for which we are proud to be the principal sponsor. The work that the rugby club do for the local community and for various charities is second to none and that is why we look forward to supporting MIND, this year’s chosen charity, to raise both awareness and much-needed funds for the work they do.’
Please try to come along if you are local, and share this with your friends as you wouldn’t want to miss such a great event!