Last Sunday the 4th of August a team of brave souls from Dawsons took to the sky in a small aircraft and threw themselves out at 12,000ft with Skydive Swansea.
The reason for this brave feat was to raise money for local charity hospice Ty Olwen. After the jump, delighted and relieved, the team met up with Dawsons Senior Partner Chris Hope to present Helen from Ty Olwen with a cheque for £2,567.
Callum, our Auction Negotiator, said “What a truly amazing experience! What made it even better was raising money for a charity that is close to a lot of people’s hearts in Swansea Ty Olwen.”
Well done guys!
Registered Charity Number 511339 founded in 1981
The aims of the Ty Olwen Trust are:-
- To relieve patients of the Ty Olwen Palliative Care Service who are suffering from cancer and life-limiting diseases by the provision of amenities, equipment, services and facilities not normally provided by the National Health Service.
- To extend such service and amenities to patients suffering from cancer and life-limiting diseases who require medical and nursing support in all care settings.
- To assist the family or dependents of patients suffering from cancer and life-limiting diseases who are in necessitous circumstances in particular as a result of these illnesses.
- To promote and support research into the causes and treatment of cancer and life-limiting diseases at Ty Olwen and to assist in the dissemination of the results thereof.
- To award bursaries to enable nurses and other staff and helpers to undertake specialised training courses.